Ayushman Bharat for New India – 2022:
Ayushman Bharat:– Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the healthcare scheme on April 14th with the opening of first health centre at Bijapur in Chhattisgarh. Firstly the govt of India is going to apply This program in 150 districts. And by 2020 govt will establish approximately 1.5lack hospitals in our country. And this program is for the people who are living in below poverty line and govt will spend 5lack rupees per year to each family with free of cost.
- On 15th August 2018, Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be Rolled out for Whole Country.
- PM Narendra Modi Announced “Ayushman Bharat Yojana”, Officially on Ambedkar Jayanti 2018 i.e. on 14th April 2018 at Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh.
Ayushman Bharat / National Health Protection Scheme:
Now It is Clear that the Ayushman Bharat Health Insurance Scheme will be rolled out for the Whole Country on 15th August 2018. Concerned Departments have reached the Final stage of Preparation. Be prepared to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Health Insurance Yojana. Good Health is essential for well being. But, a large number of people in our country are fighting against various types of diseases.
Financially Sound people visit Top Class Private Hospitals and get rid of health problems quite easily. But, The Poor people have to struggle a lot. They will have to make an arrangement of Money first and then Visit Government hospitals for treatment. These poor people are sometimes unable to buy medicines due to the Sky High prices. So, Overall it can be said that the Condition of Poor People in respect of Good Health is very poor. For long, the need for a Policy was felt that could help such people.
Importance of Ayushman Bharat and it’s Agenda:
- Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
- Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will be an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database.
- The beneficiaries can avail benefits in both public and empanelled private facilities.
- To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis.
- One of the core principles of Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission is to co-operative federalism and flexibility to states.
- For giving policy directions and fostering coordination between Centre and States, it is proposed to set up Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Council (AB-NHPMC) at apex level Chaired by Union Health and Family Welfare Minister.
- States would need to have State Health Agency (SHA) to implement the scheme.
- To ensure that the funds reach SHA on time, the transfer of funds from Central Government through Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission to State Health Agencies may be done through an escrow account directly.
- In partnership with NITI Aayog, a robust, modular, scalable and interoperable IT platform will be made operational which will entail a paperless, cashless transaction.
Government of India announced Two major initiatives in health sector, as part of Ayushman Bharath programme those are
1.Health and Wellness Center
2.National Health Protection Scheme
Brief Information about Health and Well Center:
While Explaining the Ayushman Bharat Programme, Mr. Arun Jaitley Mentioned that “Health and Wellness” Centers will be established. These centers will provide Comprehensive health care. These centers will also be responsible for providing Free Essential Drugs and Diagnostics Services.
National Health Protection Scheme(NHPS):
This Scheme is Also a part of Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The National Health Protection Scheme will cover 10 crore, poor families. The approximate number of beneficiaries under this scheme will be 50 Crore. Under this Scheme, Medical Coverage of Rs. 5 Lakh per family, per year will be given. This is going to be the World’s Largest Government Funded Health Care Scheme.
Major Impact of Ayushman Bharat:
Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will have major impact on reduction of Out of Pocket (OOP) expenditure on ground of:
- Increased benefit cover to nearly 40% of the population, (the poorest & the vulnerable)
- Covering almost all secondary and many tertiary hospitalizations. (except a negative list)
- Coverage of 5 lakh for each family, (no restriction of family size)
This will lead to increased access to quality health and medication. In addition, the unmet needs of the population which remained hidden due to lack of financial resources will be catered to. This will lead to timely treatments, improvements in health outcomes, patient satisfaction, improvement in productivity and efficiency, job creation thus leading to improvement in quality of life.
Also Read :