Important International Airports in India – Airports in India are managed by Airports Authority of India (AAI). It works under the Ministry of Civil Aviation and it is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India. It provides Air traffic management (ATM) services over Indian airspace and adjoining oceanic areas. In this article we provide important International airports in India.
Airports Authority of India has four training establishments.
- The Civil Aviation Training College (CATC) at Allahabad
- National Institute of Aviation Management and Research (NIAMAR) at Delhi
- Fire Training Centers (FTC) at Delhi & Kolkata.
AAI has undertaken GAGAN project in technological collaboration with Indian Space and Research Organization (ISRO), where the satellite-based system will be used for navigation.
List of Important International Airports in India :
|Name of the Airport||City||State / UT|
|Kempegowda International Airport||Bengaluru||Karnataka|
|Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||Hyderabad||Telangana|
|Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport||Kolkata||West Bengal|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport||Ahmedabad||Gujarat|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh|
|Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoli International Airport||Guwahati||Assam|
|Biju Patnaik International Airport||Bhubaneshwar||Odisha|
|Srinagar (sheikh ul-alam) Airport||Srinagar||J & K|
|Visakhapatnam Airport||Visakhapatnam||Andhra Pradesh|
|Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport||Indore||Madhya Pradesh|
|Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport||Nagpur||Maharashtra|
|Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport||Patna||Bihar|
|Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport||Amritsar||Punjab|
|Swami Vivekananda Airport||Raipur||Chhattisgarh|
|Bagdogra Airport||Siliguri||West Bengal|
|Veer Savarkar International Airport||Port Blair||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Birsa Munda Airport||Ranchi||Jharkhand|
|Maharana Pratap Airport||Udaipur||Rajasthan|
|Raja Bhoj International Airport||Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh|
|Jolly Grant Airport||Dehradun||Uttarakhand|
|Rajahmundry Airport||Rajahmundry||Andhra Pradesh|
|Zaruki International Airport||Shillong||Meghalaya|
|Daporijo Airport||Daporijo||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Tezu Airport||Tezu||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|Tiruchirapalli International Airport||Tiruchirapalli||Tamilnadu|
|Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport||Mumbai||Maharashtra|
|Calicut International Airport||Calicut||Kerala|
|Indira Gandhi International Airport||New Delhi||New Delhi|
|Maharaja bir bikram International Airport||Agartala||Tripura|
Interesting Facts about Airports :
- The world’s largest airport by passenger movement is Heathrow Airport in London, U.K.
- The world’s busiest airport by cargo movement is Chep Lak Kok International Airport in Hong Kong.
- The world’s largest airport by traffic movement, that is passenger and cargo movement combined, is the Hartsfield – Jackson Airport in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
- The world’s remotest airport is Mataveri International Airport located on Easter Island in the Pacific Ocean, situated 3,559 km from the west coast of Chile.
- The world’s lowest airport is Atyrau International Airport in Kazakhstan, which is situated at an elevation of 22 meters below sea level.
- La Paz, Bolivia is the World’s Highest Airport – 13,325 feet above sea level.
International airports in India is one the important topics for any competitive exam, We hope it will be very helpful for your preparation. If you find any mistake in this article please feel free to report us through below comment section, so that we could rectify it as soon as possible. If You like this article don’t forget to share it on social hub.
Thanks for visiting us.